The goal of Exotrail is to develop agility in space and become a leader in on-orbit transportation. The first step was to create a new propulsion system which enables small satellites to move quicker than before on-orbit, while achieving high delta-V missions. The second step is to use this agility to move satellites in space using a dedicated platform called the Space Van™. Our first goal is to provide a transportation service to move satellites after the launch and position them on the right orbit for their mission.
To develop our Space Van™, Exotrail is looking for a talented Satellite Systems Engineer, with key competencies in avionics, data handling and electrical power management. Your role will be to implement this vision of a mothership able to host and transport satellites within our SpaceVan team.
Our team is already composed of several talents and your main tasks will involve, with respect to the satellite platform:
- Specification of the subsystems and overall architecture
- Technical leadership of all the avionics, data handling and electronics
- Subcontractors and technical partners management
- Close collaboration with our current systems engineer
- Integration, assembly and test of the prototypes
Your job will be much broader than purely technical tasks and will include:
- Coordination with the strategic and business team to have a good market-fit
- Possibility to be in a leadership position for the future of the SpaceVan™ project
- Coordinating with the technical teams of our partners: subcontractors, satellite integrators and primes, ground infrastructure providers, agencies.
This role will be very evolutive with the project. From its inception to the hiring and development of a complete team over the next few years, your role will be the technical lead on the design of major platform subsystems linked to avionics, data handling, power management.
You will work in our offices in Toulouse or in Massy. Remote work is possible on a weekly basis (no full remote work). Our current team will support you in their respective expertise: space mechanics, operations in Toulouse and propulsion subsystem, transverse mechanical-thermal-electrical design in Massy.
In your daily work, you will work with our current SpaceVan™ team, but also directly with our CEO, our Chief Scientist, and with our VP of Strategy and Business development.